A cool aspect of the pictures I didn't comment on before: the proximity of the city. You can see the apartment houses and stores of Giza, a residential suburb, in the background. People live up to walking distance of the pyramids, it seems, and from the sphinx there's a lovely view of a KFC/Pizza Hut restaurant. Presumably, they've also views of the pyramids from their bathroom windows, and there's an elegant hotel out there from which you can see the pyramids while lounging in the pool.
I suppose you could add that climbing inside the pyramid would contribute a whole new dimension of understanding. I might be reborn an ancient Egyptian and thus be small enough to shop at the local shoe store. But if it hasn't happened yet. . .
Although I might be willing, at some time, to ride one of those rickety camels.
1 comment:
Hey girl!!! I finally found your blog online (I'd lost the info from the night at the piano bar...so Mar had to give it to me).
It seems like you're having a smashing time over there! Reading your posts makes me miss the big ME; maybe I'll get over there again sometime soon.
So K-Dog is off soon to Germany...You've heard? I think it'll be good for her. And hey, another place for me/us to visit. I've never been to Berlin/Germany.
--Mimi
Post a Comment