Monday, September 24, 2007

Medicine for Retards

Roommate 6 bought some fabulous medicine which I wish I could give to a few of my classmates, but only if it cures them of the medicine's titular ailment: "Retard."

What do you think the design is meant to signify? The pills are so powerful, they shoot out of the package like comets?

Sounds painful.

Yesterday, I went on a trek to the Citibank. There is a location near me, but the maze-like streets of Garden City make it nearly impossible to find anything.

Impossible for me, anyway. In theory, there are scores of people who live and work there and don't get lost every time they step through their doors. Or else they remain in their houses and have everything delivered, slowly turning paler and whiter until they are clear.

Fantasies aside, I was wandering in circles until a police officer took pity on me. He gave me the standard directions: "Take a right, and then a left."

Every time I ask directions from someone on the street, that's what I am offered. Or, for variety's sake, passers- by might say "It's a right, then a left." This usually has little to do with the actual location sought.

But this policeman was exactly correct! I took a right, a left, and there was the bank, shining like a mirage in the hazy street! So, thank you policeman, you are tops. No retard medicine needed.

This lost American, on the other hand, might have to take a double dose.

No comments: