Saturday, September 1, 2007

Egyptian Modern Art


Since the apartment was being fumigated today for nasty, giant cockroaches, all roommates and I had to be out of house for six hours. Although we managed that easily yesterday, today was a challenge because all we really wanted to do was go home and take naps.

Instead, we cultured ourselves up right nice by visiting the Museum of Modern Egyptian Art. I've never seen modern Egyptian art, or really any Egyptian art except for ancient tomb decor, so I was quite curious. And the place was expansive. It was also, unfortunately, woefully under-air conditioned.

So it was with the sweat off my back/brow/armpits/elbows that I took these sample pictures of my favorites of the collection so that you, too, may educate yourself about some cool Egyptian artists. And I even got the names of some of them!











As an added bonus, here is a picture of four roommates squeezed into the front seat of a taxi on the ride home.
I think I'll use this as my submission photo for America's Next Top Model.

Fierce.

1 comment:

rednikki said...

Keep on postin'! I love reading what you have to say.