The AUC cats are particularly aggressive. Because they are constantly surrounded by large numbers of people making loud noises and unexpected movements, the AUC cats are unimpressed by scare tactics. They will calmly continue to climb onto your chair despite shouting, clapping in their direction, and stern warnings. Nor do they respond to threats. But they will eat many food items I didn't think cats would or could consume, such as onions and pickles. I suppose, if you're a Cairo street cat, you eat what you can get.
Not that the AUC cats are suffering. Some students pet them. I don't. Germs! But the other day, no my way to the library, I noticed these cats lounging in the flowerpots and ashtrays as if these were beds provided for their leisure and found it so very entertaining that I couldn't resist taking some pictures.
Perhaps some of these cats were convalescing during pregnancy - I have seen more and more rotund bellies among the cat population, so that now, just as the weather has turned spring-like and warm, I am anticipating a campus full of kittens in the coming month.
As if I needed more distractions from studying!
No comments:
Post a Comment