
Last night, my apartment hosted a Thanksgiving-style dinner gathering since next week, for actual Thanksgiving, all but one of us will be off gallivanting. But before I get into that, a public service announcement:It has been brought to my attention that I have a terrible habit of confusing the numbers for
roommates 2 and 3. More specifically, on several occasions I have called 3 by 2's number. This is unconscionable and I extend an apology to all
affected parties. The number system confuses me; I may have to revert to initials and/or code names.That said, number 3 and I were the
primary hosts of the shindig, and as such we spent most of a day (all told) shopping and cooking. I made a green bean, tomato
dish and an eggplant stew. They were delicious. I can't speak to the quality of 3's homemade bread and chocolate cake, but I hear they were lovely and animal product-ful. 7 made spinach, 2 made
mashed potatoes, we purchased chickens at the falafel stand downstairs, and there were multiple liquid refreshments. Luckily we've a large common space so as to accommodate all our guests, although most people found it too
stuffy and retired to the deck most of the time to watch bats.We had quite the international guest list, although to be completely accurate I should count the Americans as international and not count the Egyptians in that tally. It's hard to think of myself as an international student, especially at something called American University. Anyway, we had my friend at the right who is from Korea, multiple Egyptians, Palestinian, Sudanese, Moroccan, two Spaniards.
Have I forgotten others? Oh, yes, 6's Irish friend (whom she knows from school in Scotland) was here as well. Speaking of 6, she went to Muscat and Dubai last week with the aforementioned friend, and came back with a white tiger skin rug. It's quite obscene looking, huddled on the floor all flattened and pitiful looking. She has named it Sigfried.
No comments:
Post a Comment