This weekend (today, actually. Happy birthday!) is Roommate 1's birthday. We celebrated the occasion as it deserved, by eating for hours on end. 1 and I were meeting S for dinner, but couldn't resist the street-side sweet potatoes sold from carts like that on the right. If you are familiar with my love for that particular tuber, you will understand my elation at the fact that they're sold, roasted to perfection, on the streets here. The sweet potatoes aren't purple, but they are lovely nonetheless.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to take this picture quickly enough to get a decent shot of the sweet potato-man, but he probably will never see the result. Look at all those lovely sweet potatoes! On second thought, maybe these are yams? Yams, after all, are native to Africa (according to Wikipedia) and are only distantly related to sweet potatoes. I can't tell the difference.
After our mystery tuber snack, 1, S and I went to a sushi restaurant where we encountered S. Or perhaps I should say S2?

Either way, she sat with us and we discussed the differences between China and Egypt. You may be surprised to learn that said differences are manifold. For instance, in China, people are not religious (by law). When she first got here, S encountered many Egyptians terribly confused about her lack of religion. Now she just says that she is Buddhist.

I ordered seconds on sushi and didn't think it possible to consume more. I was wrong. We returned to S's apartment where the non-vegans dined on homemade birthday cake. Chocolatey and lovely, I hear.
Wait, isn't PSP some sort of electronic device? I'll have to consult the superhero nomenclature advisory board before embroidering my costume.
No comments:
Post a Comment