Tuesday, May 27, 2008

STAR Graduation (of sorts)



To celebrate our last English class of the semester, The Roomate and I twisted arms and made Number 2 and my future roommate, in addition to my parents, come to a graduation party in our classroom. The intention was to give our students some one-on-one English time, but it didn't quite work as planned because of the numbers - more students than English speakers. But we brought sweets, forced them to eat them, and then presented certificates and clapped. My father acted as graduation photographer, so now I have photos of (almost) all of my students looking serious while I look silly, sillier and silliest. Most importantly, in several of these photos, I am not the tallest person!

Student 1 here is from Darfur in Sudan, 2 from Syria:


3 is from Chad, 4 from Sudan (and oh-so-tall! He says he has a sister taller than I am. Wonderful news.)


5 is from Sudan, 6 from Burundi.


7 is from Ghana, then we have Sudan, Sudan, Sudan, until the last student.




I will miss this class.

No comments: