I was trying to be poetic and have lost my train of thought. Here's where I'm going with this: Graduate Commencement was on Tuesday and was blissfully short (only an hour! Possibly a record for an academic ceremony). My friend B graduated, and last night I went to his going away party. He's not only leaving AUC, he is leaving the whole entire country this Saturday. This is not a surprise for anyone (although that'd be entertaining in a sitcom kind of way: man wakes up and checks his day planner. "Let's see, what's on my agenda today? Return library book, pick up groceries, move to Eritrea, call mom. I wonder what I need at the store because. . . Wait, Eritrea?") but still came too soon.
Anyway, I won't get too poetic about that either and will instead share some photos with varying levels of silliness. Unfortunately, they are not all as silly as they could be and there is nary a napkin hat in sight; #2 disappoints me (but it was also the night of her boyfriend's last night in Cairo, so I suppose she was distracted by another imminent ending - my title was so very apt).
Below, I and various former (and present) roommates pose with B and with each other.
We were in the Greek Club at which one can drink Ouzo, were one so inclined, but in which there is a sad lack of Greek dancing, plate smashing and be-walrus-mustached individuals.
I for one prefer my nationally-themed bars to be peopled by appropriately stereotypical folks and possibly also by cartoon characters.
Especially if such folks yell "hopa!" at seemingly random intervals.
1 comment:
Aw geez Ruth, why did you have to make me look dumb to the whole world. . . You know you can't prove its smoke - maybe it IS a ghost! And therefore my photogenic expression is perfectly appropriate.
xo,
#2
Post a Comment