
Roommate 4 came back from her Eid break with some new jewelry: an engagement ring!In celebration (and because Roommates 2 and 3 often experience overwhelming cravings for American food), we ate at Roy's Country Kitchen, a charming establishment in the Marriott.
The Marriott is a beautiful hotel, and the food in this restaurant was apparently delicious to those that eat meat. They offer, for instance, burgers as big as Roommate 5's head, and what I hear was heavenly jambalaya.The restaurant also provided clothes pins on their napkins for some reason, which inspired the creation of some other new jewelry:
Clothes pin nose (and ear) rings!


No the most comfortable fashion, perhaps, but quite a statement nonetheless.
Here are Roommates 4 and 5 looking very normal. They have yet to catch onto the clothes pin trend.Don't worry, they still have time to reform.
Also at Roy's, I picked up a copy of The Egyptian Gazette, in which I found the most inscrutable crossword I've ever encountered. I have no idea even how to begin solving this. In case you can't read the clues, I'll transcribe a few.
1. Mammal is eating fruit that's hidden on plant9. Transgressing President has little right to sound off
10. More than enough cake eaten by a boy getting fat ultimately
11. Sort of racehorse to show desire, about 50-1, little good
12. Foul birds at sea after spillage
Any ideas?
2 comments:
#11 is "yearling"
#9 could be "aberrant"--think I'm stumped w/o word lengths + crossing letters. Thanks for the challenge.
Post a Comment